Before hiring the first inspector you find, make sure they can answer these questions.
By Jason Boone
You found the perfect home in Bend, it’s an awesome four-bedroom, two-bath home in your ideal neighborhood but there could be some serious problems with the home and the first thing you need to do is hire a home inspector.
An Absolute Necessity
The reality is that you don’t have an option to not hire a home inspector, you have to hire a home inspector because, a home inspection is a requirement if you want to meet your mortgage lenders requirements before you purchase the home.
Your Due Diligence Will Pay Off
Before hiring a home which you found on a website like Yelp, Google or a home inspector who was recommended from your Real Estate Agent make sure you do your due diligence by first asking these 7 questions.
1. Are you a member of any professional home inspection organization?
2. What is your background?
3. How many years have you been a home inspector? If they have been in the business for one year or less you might want to think twice before hiring them.
4. How long will your home inspection take?
5. Which areas of the home will you inspect?
6. Can I attend your home inspection?
7. What home type of home inspection report will you offer
Do Your Research
Last of all, but most important, make sure to do your research when hiring a home inspector and do you research online to review any feedback, testimonials or complaints which have were written by actual clients of theirs online because this step can easily save you the time, money and hassle of choosing the wrong home inspector.
To learn more tips about hiring the right home inspector or to view homes for sale across Bend contact me, Jason Boone, Principal Broker with Duke Warner Realty | Skjersaa Group by calling me at (541) 383-1426 or by emailing me.